Everyday, I read at least 1 – 2 hours. I read my Bible, articles on health, food, technology and marketing. Today, I found an article that is definitely worth sharing with everyone. The article is by Kim Komando on how to revive your phone if you drop it in water.
Rescuing your phone from water damage
- Retrieve it quickly from the water.
- Remove the battery & sim card.
- Quickly, remove excess water with a paper towel.
- Blow dry to remove more moisture. (DO NOT USE HEAT; heat will damage the phone)
- Place phone & battery into a large bowl of uncooked rice.
- Leave your phone & battery in the rice for 24 hours. (Rotate after 12 hours)
Last spring, I actually dropped my iPhone in a bucket of water while shopping for flowers at a wholesale florist. I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. I acted quick, by plunging after my phone within a split second. The people at the shop said they had never seen anyone move that fast. I didn’t open my phone or dry with a cool blow dryer; I just dried it off with paper towels.
That day, I saved my baby. 🙂